Friday 12 July 2013

''Good Idea, Amelia Jane!''- Book Review

Author: Enid Blyton

Genres: Short stories

Rating: 4 out of 5

Review

After a busy week full of class tests, I really needed something light and funny to read! Good Idea, Amelia Jane! is just what I needed!

Enid Blyton is one of my favorite children's authors, and I've read several of her adventure novels. Good Idea, Amelia Jane! is the first non-adventure book by Blyton that I have read!

Amelia Jane is a naughty doll, living in a toys' cupboard with various other toys . She always irritates and troubles the toys with her naughty pranks. The book is filled with stories about the pranks of Amelia Jane, and about how the other toys teach her a lesson! In some stories, Amelia understands her mistakes and repent for it. A few stories also tell how Amelia Jane is also, along with being naughty, a helpful doll.

This was certainly a funny and enjoyable book! I enjoyed it so much that I finished it in one sitting! 

4 out of 5

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment