Tuesday 23 July 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Topics that make me not to pick up a book.

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's Top Ten Tuesday is about the top ten words/topics that will make you NOT pick up a book.

I was thinking of as many topics as I can, but only came up with a few:

1. Sports: I've never loved sports. And I've never really involved myself with any sport activities. So I don't understand sports, nor do I love sport related books. I once picked up a sport-related book by R. L. Stine (one of my favorite authors), and I abandoned it after reading just two or three pages! :P

2. Heavy, overly serious nonfiction: History, biography, autobiography and memoirs are the only nonfiction genres that I enjoy. But even overly serious books about history, for example, books that describe historical incidences in so much details and with so much facts, don't impress me. In case of nonfiction, I like a simple read that I can enjoy and at the same time, that can give me knowledge. But if it is overly detailed, then I will not read it. (There are some exception though. There are some historical topics which I am very fond of. And I can read any books about those topics.)

3. Poetry: I have described in the ''Review Style'' page that though I do adore a few poems, I don't really read poetries that much. I will read any poetry written by Robert Frost and a few other poets, because they are so inspirational, but I generally don't enjoy, and don't read, poetry.

4. Typical novels about high school drama: I haven't read many high school books. But I have seen a lot of high school movies. And that made me really uninterested in the genre. The same innocent protagonists, bullies, or mean girls, and the handsome hero. (Some high school films were great, though, for example, The Perks of Being a Wallflower).

5. Economics: The word explains it!

6. Western fiction. Well, this may sound really weird, but I have never read a Western novel nor seen a Western movie. I know that it's horrible to judge a genre without seeing any movies or reading any books belonging to the particular genre, but the idea of this genre just does not fascinate me!

Well, I can really think of no more! :P 

(And, I should also note that this is my very first Top Ten Tuesday post :D )








4 comments:

  1. Sports and high school drama are on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have included Sports on my list, then I would have made it to 10! :) Seriously, I too am not a big sports fan, so stories centered around sports hold no appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, I hate sports and economics as well. I don't think your missing anything when it comes to westerns because I have seen a few movies and they were the most boring movies I have ever seen and I've seen Citizen Kane. I actually really love high school drama in fiction although oddly I've read very few books about it usually I watch movies and tv shows about it but I can see why it doesn't appeal to anyone. Also Perks of Being a Wallflower is my favorite book and I think that you might like indie teen movies because they have a closer feeling to Perks of Being a Wallflower than the average teen film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will watch indie teen films! :)

      Delete